ORDINARY PORTLAND CEMENT 53 & 43 Grade
OPC 53 is a higher strength cement to meet the needs of the consumer for higher strength concrete. As per BIS requirements the minimum 28 days compressive strength of 53 Grade OPC should not be less than 53 MPa. For certain specialized works, such as pre-stressed concrete and certain items of precast concrete requiring consistently high strength concrete, the use of 53 grades OPC is found very useful. 53 grade OPC produces higher-grade concrete at very economical cement content. 53 Grade OPC can be used for the following applications.
- RCC works(preferably where grade of concrete is M-25 and above)
- Precast concrete items such as paving blocks, tiles building blocks etc.
- Prestressed concrete components
- Runways, concrete Roads, Bridges etc.
purpose cement in the country today. The production of 43 grade OPC is nearly 50% of the total production of cement in the country. The 43 grade OPC can be used for following applications.
- General Civil Engineering construction work.
- RCC works
- Precast items such as blocks, tiles, pipes etc.
- Asbestos products such as sheets and pipes