PORTLAND SLAG CEMENT
Star Slag cement is most widely used in concrete as part of blended cement. It works synergistically with Portland cement to increase strength, reduce permeability, improve resistance to chemical attack and inhibit rebar corrosion. Slag cement is used in virtually all concrete applications A high strength cement forming a Durable concrete with Highest 1 day strength of around 18 Mpa.
Advantages of using Star Slag Cement:-
- High percentage of glass content.
- More resistant to sea water & other chemical agents, also increase the sulfate resistance.
- Specially designed for concrete
- High Early Strength
- Ideal for slab casting
- Highly durable
Applicability of Star slag cement:-
- Concrete pavements
- Structures and foundations
- Mass concrete applications, such as dams or retaining walls
- Precast and prestressed concrete
- Pipe and Block
- Concrete exposed to harsh environments, such as wastewater treatment and marine applications
- High-performance/high-strength concrete, such as high-rise structures or 100-year service life bridges